How did I not think of this sooner? I am wearing ballet slippers to my wedding!
1. I took ballet classes for twelve years
2. ...and am considering more dance classes (for which they would come in handy, since my old shoes are ratty)
3. They're as close to barefoot as one can get and still be wearing flats
4. They're heckuva comfortable
5. I can dance in them
6. I can play hide and seek in them
7. I can strap them on my feet and they won't come off
8. No blisters!
9. My wedding is supercasual anyway
10. They're reasonably priced
11. They can be modified:
Awesome, right? I'm now officially on the lookout for coloured ones, especially red and blue.
P.S.: Whoa, they even have bridal ballet slippers! Is it sad that I'm not surprised at how geriatric they look?