Thursday, November 24, 2011

Wingsgiving.

I have a lot to be thankful for, especially this week. I've had two job interviews (fingers crossed!), cuddles with my husband, and a lot of time spent with wonderful friends.

I also celebrated one year on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, perhaps my most significant achievement this week. It has been challenging at times, but it's so rewarding to be proactively fighting my illness every single day. To celebrate, John made me a lovely dinner of steak, onions and bacon, mushrooms in red wine sauce, meadow beans, and peppermint hot chocolate ice cream. We also tried out our first loaf of almond flour bread, since I've missed bread so much. It was better than coconut flour bread, but it was a bit too sweet and didn't rise as well as I would have liked. It was wonderful to eat a grilled cheese again, though.

We're having our "real" Thanksgiving meal tomorrow, complete with turkey and all the fixins, but tonight we came home after running some errands and made dinner to share with our pals who graciously drove us and all our groceries home. We sat around watching Adventure Time while chowing down on honey-garlic and buffalo chicken wings with carrot sticks and ranch dressing. We laughed and snuggled and I drew a pile of fanart.


What a wonderful night we had, and what a wonderful life I've been blessed with. I hope everyone is having as great of a time as I had today. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment