Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday favorites.

This week, my uncle came to visit for a few days. The husband and I ended up performing on the spot at last week's open mic and we're now practising more songs. I had a crafty day with a girlfriend and conquered a challenging video game level that has haunted me for years (seriously).

Tonight, I'm playing dancing games with a friend who's been sitting down all day. Tomorrow is my birthday! In the day, I'll be perusing Megan Nielsen's new winter collection, and in the evening, we're having a potluck. What are your plans this weekend?


And now, a more-verbose-and-nerdy-than-usual list of the best the internet had to offer this week:

How to feel classy in three easy steps.

Do you like "The Hunger Games" and fashion design? Here are 12 designer renditions of Katniss' debut dress. My favorite takes are Nicole Miller's and Charlotte Ronson's.

The top five regrets of the dying - a reminder to live life to the fullest.

Golden Snitch Christmas ornament DIY! Great. Now I want a tree full of wizarding paraphenalia: broomsticks, wizard hats, house scarves as garlands, S.P.E.W. buttons...

Speaking of geeky things, here are a few simple guidelines for running a tabletop RPG. I've never GMed myself, but this seems like a good way to start.

12 Christmas trees made from books. Yup.

DIY pom pom garland. I'll give this a try next year instead of popcorn.

Book recommendations! These are some great ideas for any readers on your Christmas list. :)

4 comments:

  1. Whoa, that picture is awesome! How cool that you and your husband did an open mic! Sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Megan! I love APOD.
    The open mic was great, but now I need to get into the habit of practising music (like my hubs) so we can go back and redeem ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete