Thursday, March 10, 2011

30 (and 31?!) of 30: you can't *handle* the dress!




Dress: Lands' End Canvas // cable knit hoodie: thrifted, Gap // denim pencil skirt: thrifted, dyed by me // black tights: thrifted, Ralph Lauren // grey socks: the dollar store! // boots: gifted, Rieker // watch necklace: local store // leather belt: thrifted


I was hoping that this outfit was going to work, because I knew it would be cute and stylish if it did. When I put it on, I was happy to discover that the high waist on the skirt hit the dress at just the right point. I admired my outfit in the mirror. It looked like what would happen if The Clothes Horse and Delightfully Tacky's closets mated. In a good way.

And then, at work, I ate breakfast (chocolate mint tea with honey and key lime cheesecake with rapsberry sauce and lime cream. I regret nothing). I felt… slightly uncomfortable. Then, a little later, I ate lunch. And then I took outfit photos, in which I looked bloated (side note: and I took them OUTSIDE! It was FREEZING!). And then I started to feel constrained, and a little fat. I was worried about getting cold on the walk home, but my comfort right now was more important.

So off to the bathroom I went, removing the offending skirt, but keeping the belt, loose, around my waist. I took off my watch (kind of pointless, when one's necklace has a watch in it), and replaced it with a darling red bangle I bought at the dollar store (sister to my beloved black-ish bangle).

Voila, a very unexpected outfit 31.


Dress: Lands' End Canvas // black tights: thrifted, Ralph Lauren // grey socks: the dollar store! // boots: gifted, Rieker // watch necklace: local store // leather belt: thrifted


Also, last night was my first time trying out argan oil in my hair. You've probably heard of Moroccanoil? Yes, well, same oil, different price point.

Considering I dyed my hair this week (so much dyeing lately!), my hair feels very soft and smells nice. And holy volume! My fine hair doesn't usually have bounce! It has waves, but not bounce! And look at it! Bouncing!

I think I may be in love.

And now, here is my "30 for 30" completion happy dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment