Friday, March 11, 2011

Red but not rad.


ruffled dress: H&M // cardi: thrifted, Ann Taylor // slip: thrifted // grey tights: Joe Fresh // leather boots: Miz Mooz // black bangle: dollar store // locket necklace: local store

I have recently become obsessed with red lipstick, as you may have noticed. I found a lovely pinky-red that rather suits me, and am excited to wear it! However, it makes my husband wants to kiss me, but he doesn't want to come away with my lipstick smudged all over him.

So I start looking for longwearing red lipstick. I find one with good reviews on MakeupAlley (Maybelline's SuperStay) and go buy it in a shade that looks nice and dark in the tube. And oh, it's dark all right - too dark, especially with this cheerful red-orange dress.

At least my outfit worked out! As I was walking home from work one day, I saw two girls wearing cowgirl-esque boots with grey tights and flimsy pink dresses within about a minute of each other, and I knew as soon as I was done the 30 for 30, I'd recreate the ensemble with my own closet.

Plus I was so excited to rock my new Miz Mooz boots, purchased on eBay for a song. I don't plan on taking them off until I absolutely HAVE to switch to summer footwear...

No comments:

Post a Comment