Friday, November 19, 2010

day 12. the western shirt.


I decided to boot a certain yellow dress from my 30 for 30 lineup. It's pretty thin for the cold November weather, and the only skirt that layers with it properly isn't in the lineup. So it's been traded out for a much more versailte piece: this vintage mens' button-down. I picked it up back in May at a thrift store in a sleepy little village on the French shore of Nova Scotia. My cousin Steph actually picked it up for her boyfriend, but it was too small. It was in near-perfect condition and definitely vintage, plus it was cute and fit perfectly, so I took it home with me. Definitely a better choice than the dress.

The reason this photo was taken outside was because I met my husband for lunch. We don't usually do that, but it was a special occasion. We were eating our last french fries for a long time. Starting on Monday, we'll be following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.

I have Crohn's disease, and the reason I've been blogging more regularly is to reduce stress and have a creative outlet, but also to keep myself accountable. I want to go into remission, preferably permanently, and this blog is documenting my efforts. It might make more sense to not be doing this on what is currently mostly a fashion blog, but I want this blog to be my online journal and cover every part of my day-to-day life, not just what I'm wearing or what picture I think is cool today. Clear as mud?

Anyway, the Specific Carbohydrate Diet is supposed to be really effective at inducing permanent remissions in Crohn's sufferers. It's worked wonders for lots of people, and it's fairly healthy and balanced (which is a problem with some other diets recommended for those with Crohn's). However, it's not going to be easy: the SCD means eliminating sugars and starches from one's diet, along with most dairy. As a result, this weekend I'll be eating my last pizza, homemade bread, sushi, homemade jelly, and chocolate chip cookies, because it will be many months before I get to eat them again.

I might just gain five pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment