Friday, November 26, 2010

day 18: the ol' reliable



Long-sleeve grey tee: thrifted, the Gap // Navy cardi: Joe Fresh // Black draped skirt: Joe Fresh // blue tights: Sock It To You (local store, cannot recall brand) // Red beaded necklace: The Black Market (local store) // Black boots: gifted, Alfred Sung
One of the joys of being a Canadian married to an American is that I get to celebrate one of my favorite holidays twice, once in October and again in November. Thanksgiving is great, because you get time off work to cook and eat a delicious meal, without all the stress of gift-giving and receiving.


Thus, today, I am bolstered by the knowledge that I am going home to an SCD-legal feast that will feed my husband and I for days. I also discovered what might be a new favorite lunch: lettuce wraps. Such great texture - I love the crunch! I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful and supportive husband who makes sure I'm well (and nutritiously!)-fed every day.

I'm also really excited for my dance recital tomorrow night. I am ridiculously excited for the chance to wear red lipstick - something I'm not bold enough to do, even though I own two tubes of the stuff. I also get to go crazy with eye makeup, something I'd like to do, but don't usually have time for on an average day. I'm so grateful that I'm able to take the class and for the friendships I've made because of it.

I'm most grateful, though, for all the great people in my life. It's hard to keep in touch with everyone, even my immediate family, but I love and value each and every one of my relationships and think often of the people I love. Yeah, so this is clumsily written. So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment