What really got me, though, was an angry phone call. When I got off the phone, I could feel my face was hot and red, and I felt like an incompetent tool. I felt even worse when a tidal wave of work pulled up right after said phone call and a coworker had to come and save my sorry butt.
The work pile is gone now, but the bad feelings remain. Here are some positive, happy things I like to help me back up onto my feet.
1. A warm, sweet cup of fresh chai tea, with just the right ratios of milk and honey.
2. Wearing a pretty and amazingly soft scarf/shawl I'd forgotten about.
3. Managing not to spill the former onto the latter. I'm not usually so lucky.
4. My coworkers. They are all sweethearts.
5. French. It's a very elegant language.
6. Lunch. Made with love by my husband.
7. He claimed he was putting a raw potato in my lunch because I need to eat my vegetables. He didn't. :)
8. My cats. They are the cutest fluffballs in the known universe.
9. My family. I love them all.
10. Shirtdresses. So crisp but still pretty and feminine - perfect for the office.
11. Breaking the rules. Mixing brown and black and feeling good about it, no matter what the fashion mags say.
Scarf: gifted, Craft Resource Center (fair trade)
Sweater: thrifted, Worthington
Leggings: Joe Fresh
Pewter acorn necklace: thrifted (isn't it adorable?)