Wednesday, February 16, 2011

12 of 30: Pump up the volume!




Striped shirt: Joe Fresh // wideleg trouser jeans: thrifted, Larry Levine // black pumps: Seychelles // blue scarf: gifted // Roxy watch and silver hoops: gifted

I pretty much never wear volume with volume. I am of the belief that proportions are very important when getting dressed. If your blouse is voluminous, wear a sleek skirt. Sometimes, an all-sleek outfit can look sharp or sophisticated (never a tee with skinny jeans, though, unless you're putting a big cardigan on top), but volume with volume is meant for gypsy costumes only.

Except I tucked my shirt in this morning. And when I got to work, I realised that I looked silly. So untucked my shirt became. It was comfier, and it looked better, but I'm not sure I like it. I'm not sure it would have been improved by a belt cinching it at my waist, either. Hmmmm…

Do you dress with proportions in mind? Do you think volume can work on the top and the bottom at the same time?

No comments:

Post a Comment