Monday, February 28, 2011

22 of 30: stripes week, day 1.

striped top: Joe Fresh // brown pencil skirt: thrifted, The Limited // 3/4 sleeve cardigan: Joe Fresh // navy tights: Joe Fresh // brown boots: gifted // paisley scarf: gifted // red-faced watch: gifted, Roxy

Welcome to stripes week! This (work)week, I'm wearing one of the two striped shirts in my 30 for 30 items every day. In not-stripe-related news, I hope to write a bit about my experience dying two clothing items on the weekend.

I am a big fan of Diana Vreeland, mostly because I think she's very witty and utterly charming. A few weeks ago, I picked up an autobiography of hers, "D.V.", at my favorite used bookstore, but I put it back. I've been regretting it ever since. Since I've been working really hard lately, I decided to reward myself, and now I'm really excited to read it! I also picked up the recommended-by-Cleolinda "The Devil in the White City", which I think is also becoming a movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio (if it is, I know my husband and I will be seeing it, since he loves himself some Mr. DiCaprio)?
I also thought that the bookstore would also make a nice place for some photos. It was hard to find a place to put my camera (no tripod), and I didn't want to get caught (so embarassing!), so it ended up being a bit less cute, a bit more awkward. Oh well.

Tune of the moment: "Pour un infidèle" - Coeur de pirate

No comments:

Post a Comment