Friday, February 18, 2011

13 of 30: Lumberjack or Betty Draper... or both.




Plaid shirtdress: Lands' End Canvas // thick black tights: thrifted, Ralph Lauren // granny boots: gifted, Rieker // necklace: estate sale, worn to bits by me

I have loved shirtdresses ever since that fateful day at a close friend's wedding rehearsal two summers ago. One of the girls from the choir was wearing this magnificent, retro-styled dress that I was sure was vintage. Imagine my surprise when she told me that it was from H&M! I went out and snapped it up very shortly afterward. I wore it constantly, and it was one of my items in my last 30 for 30.


Ever since, I've been on the lookout for more shirtdresses. I had yet to find a single one that makes my heart flutter like that blue number. That is, until I saw Sal of Already Pretty in a (plaid!) shirtdress, telling us that it was on sale. So I cheated on my shopping ban and bought it in red.


And I am such a happy girl! The full skirt is very flirty, and just the right length: sassy, but not inappropriate for the office. Perhaps when the weather gets warmer and the tights come off, I'll have to retire it for the season, but I think this baby is going to be with me for a long time.

{me, post-dress-induced-joy-twirl}

No comments:

Post a Comment