Friday, February 11, 2011

9 of 30: It's a sweater!


yellow sweater: Lands' End Canvas // denim pencil skirt: thrifted // burgundy tights: gifted, Joe Fresh // purple tights: Walmart // black pumps: Seychelles

My husband's family speaks only in obscure pop culture references when they're around each other. When we were courting, my husband had a list of movies to show me, if only to understand where half of his vocabulary comes from. I was worried that I wouldn't have the memory to keep up with him, but I've managed to remember and even adopt some of the Wangsgaard clan's favorite phrases.


One of these, from the film "The Three Amigos", is the phrase uttered by the villain while opening presents from his minions: "It's a sweater!". This was a phrase often uttered on Christmas morning at my husband's house when he was growing up.


When I got the package from Lands' End Canvas, I cried, "It's a sweater!" at my husband in excitement, before running off to try it on. I have been obsessed with yellow sweaters and cardigans for about 5 months or so now. I've been checking J. Crew obsessively in the hopes of finding the perfect yellow cardi to wear with everything. While I've found a couple that I'm really smitten with, they tend to be way too expensive.

One of the exceptions for this year's shopping ban was that perfect yellow cardi, IF I happened to find it. This will appease me somewhat, but I think I'll still want a yellow cardi, probably in more of a mustard yellow. Since I bought the sweater this year, that makes it a cheat. However, I'm not beating myself up over it too much. It's a lovely piece, good quality, on sale, and it fills a void in my wardrobe.

P.S.: I didn't realise it until I'd gotten to work, but between the Herminone haircut and the golden sweater with deep red tights, I'm one magic wand away from a Gryffindor costume (alternatively, dye my hair red and sew a maroon "M" on my sweater, and I'm Ginny Weasley!).

P.P.S.: Yes, I am aware that I am incorrigibly nerdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment